Page Loading... please wait!

The page still does not show? Click here

forum atelier gx Index du Forum :: FAQ :: Rechercher
MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ProfilProfil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  ConnexionConnexion   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer

Post-inscription 
Il est important d'appartenir à un groupe pour pouvoir bénéficier des accès aux sous parties du forum!

La Nouvelle Coop', >> ICI <<

Nouvelle année, que du bonheur en perspective

http://atelier-gx.e-monsite.com/

Création du portail du site: >>ICI<< ou en bas de la page
Retour au forum: >>ICI<< ou en haut de la page

The Bridge Ladies A Memoir

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    forum atelier gx Index du Forum -> A propos du site. -> FAQ
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sadraw

Masculin
Point(s): 410

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 14:50 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Bridge Ladies A Memoir Répondre en citant

The Bridge Ladies: A Memoir
by Betsy Lerner
rating: 4.1 (333 reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK The Bridge Ladies: A Memoir
READ BOOK The Bridge Ladies: A Memoir

A fifty-year-old Bridge game provides an unexpected way to cross the generational divide between a daughter and her mother. Betsy Lerner takes us on a powerfully personal literary journey, where we learn a little about Bridge and a lot about life.

After a lifetime defining herself in contrast to her mother’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” generation, Lerner finds herself back in her childhood home, not five miles from the mother she spent decades avoiding. When Roz needs help after surgery, it falls to Betsy to take care of her. She expected a week of tense civility; what she got instead were the Bridge Ladies. Impressed by their loyalty, she saw something her generation lacked. Facebook was great, but it wouldn’t deliver a pot roast.

Tentatively at first, Betsy becomes a regular at her mother’s Monday Bridge club. Through her friendships with the ladies, she is finally able to face years of misunderstandings and family tragedy, the Bridge table becoming the common ground she and Roz never had.

By turns darkly funny and deeply moving, <em>The Bridge Ladies</em> is the unforgettable story of a hard-won—but never-too-late—bond between mother and daughter.

Details:
price: $6.07
bound: 320 pages
publisher: Harper Perennial; Reprint edition (May 2, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 0062354477, 978-0062354471,
weight: 8 ounces (
filesize:

The Bridge Ladies: A Memoir Betsy Lerner

Enabling JavaScript in your browser will allow you to experience all the features of our siteI know I was close to my mom, but rarely got to spend time with her and her friends.more flag 12 likesLike see review .Politics N.YThere is a particularly Jewish flavor to their stoicism, but I recognize it in my family too

Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser The Bridge Ladies: A Memoir 5.0 4 by Betsy Lerner, Orlagh Cassidy (Read by)Betsy Lerner All Formats & Editions See All Formats & Editions A fifty-year-old Bridge club provides an unexpected connection across a generational divide between mother and daughterWe Southerners love a story, she writes in a tone as soft and conspiratorial as that of a neighbor rocking on a porch, and we will tell you anythingShe even took lessons on how to play Bridge so that she could understand and get to know these ladiesThe recipe looks like a panel from the Dead Sea Scrolls: stained many times over with fish grease, darkened with age spots like the back of an older person's hand, annotated with figures for doubling the recipe, and unidentified schmutzThese were all Jewish ladies who had married well, dressed well, took care of themselves and their greatest achievement was raising their familiesOn the surface, it's a book about the game of bridge but in reality it's so much more.'I disrespected her for only caring about how things lookedShop Now

How generous of Betsy Lerner to allow readers to accompany her on her long and meaningful journey and how good of the bridge ladies to share their storiesThe author initially decides to explore her mother's eons-old Bridge group and how the ladies have weathered the years togetherDeborah Tannen Lerner takes us on a journey of understanding: the card game, the women who play it, their lives and relationshipsBette vsVincent knocks on the door to his apartment with the lowest possible sense of anticipationAs I deal with similar issues with my parents, those sections really hit home for meIts about mother-daughter conflict, the desire to love and be loved, aging and loss, discovery and renewal

Author NotesLoading Author NotesHarper Wave/HarperCollins, $25.99.Lerners childhood memory of the women in her mothers bridge club, their hair frosted, their nylons shimmery, carrying patent leather pocketbooks with clasps as round as marbles, conjures the magic mothers hold for little girlsSections Home Search Skip to content Skip to navigation View mobile version The New York Times Book ReviewMemoirs Search Subscribe Now Log In 0 Settings Close search Site Search Navigation Search NYTimes.com Clear this text input Go LoadingNov 17, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it review of another edition Shelves: memoir, edelweiss My Rating:4.5Favorite Quotes:Yes, my mother has told me about Eugene Genovese a hundred times, the Italian boy she had a huge crush onWhen she moved back to her hometown and found herself in a caretaker role after her mother's surgery, she came in contact with the "bridge ladies"Only one of them, Rhoda, the executive director of her temple, was actively involved in Jewish lifeLerner is a partner with the literary agency Dunow, Carlson & Lerner and resides in New Haven, Connecticut.more flag 2 likesLike see review View 1 comment And it's about their children and especially their daughters -- what the '70s were like for them

Their true religion was bridgeREAD A SAMPLE LISTEN TO SAMPLE ENLARGE BOOK COVER Pre-Order:Add to Cart Add to Cart Or Shop: Amazon Barnes & Noble Books-A-Million IndieBound View More Retailers The Bridge Ladies A Memoir by Betsy Lerner On Sale: 05/03/2016 Format: Hardcover E-book Digital Audiobook Unabridged Audiobook CD Unabridged Large Print Trade PB Audiobook CD Unabridged Price:Spend $49 and get FREE shipping on HC.com Book Overview Author Info About the Book A fifty-year-old Bridge game provides an unexpected way to cross the generational divide between a daughter and her motherThe aspects of the group that fascinated Betsy also intrigued meThe conversations Lerner listened to rarely focused on Jewish topicsAnonymous More than 1 year ago Having always been afraid of bridge myself, I quickly began to relate with the authorBetsy was part of the sex-drugs-and-rock n roll generation and thought that her mother and her friends were boring and old fashionedOverall, this is well worth reading 48a4f088c3

Vietato+Piangere+%28Italian+Edition%29NOSTALGIAS EN VERSOS (Spanish Edition)Ai miei sogni non chiedo pi&ugrave; nulla (Italian Edition)Everafter Vol. 1:The Pandora Protocol Lilah SturgesCrime+and+Its+CausesBerrinba Wetlands Photo ShootMemorial Proceedings of the Senate Upon the Death of Hon. Milton Heidelbaugh, Late Senator From the Thirteenth District of Pennsylvania (Classic Reprint) Pennsylvania General AssemblyNever Cry Wolf : Amazing True Story of Life Among Arctic WolvesFloret Farm's Cut Flower Garden: Grow, Harvest, and Arrange Stunning Seasonal BloomsWiring Simplified: Based on the 2017 National Electrical Code&reg;
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 14:50 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
The Bridge Ladies A Memoir'); return false;">     Email this topic to a friend-->

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    forum atelier gx Index du Forum -> A propos du site. -> FAQ Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1
Sauter vers: